Friday, December 2, 2011

Can a short person be good in the intermidiate hurdles?

I am around 5'6 and my fastest time so far was 55.08 sec. Can someone give me some tips on how to become better?|||I used to run hurdles in track in high school. Now, I have a bit of a height advantage, being 5'10" with really long legs. No matter how tall you are, you can be an excellent hurdler. The one piece of advice that I can offer is to stay consistent. During practices, don't focus on your time so much as your consistency. Are you jumping at the same point every time you reach the next bar? Are you bending your legs properly and taking the correct steps in order to reach the next bar? I used to have a problem with my footing and I would always have to stutter step right before the hurdle which really slowed me down. If you have the opportunity, run beside the hurdles to get your footing that way you don't run into the hurdle and risk serious injury. Also, do straightaway sprints without the hurdles, this will help improve your time. Try and pace yourself, if you rush it, chances are you will mess up your footing causing you to become slower in the long run.





I wish you the best of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment