Friday, December 2, 2011

How fast do you think I can run the 400 intermediate hurdles?

Hi, tomorrow is the first time I'm gonna be running 400IH, I was wondering how fast you people think I can run it. My goal is to get under 65 seconds.





I'm 15 years old, 6ft tall, 145lb. I can run a 400 in about 56 seconds, an 800 in 2:15, and 55HH in about 9 seconds. I run cross country, so I have some degree of endurance.





How well do you think I could do?|||uh let me see. im your height and weight right now and 16 years old. i was a sophomore last year--%26gt; by the end of spring my best 400m time was 53.8 and i was only able to get a 58.55sec time in the 400IH. 60 sec is the huge mental barrier in the 400IH but i think you can do it. you need to get out fast. many get out slow because they're anxious about stuttering or hitting the 1st hurdle.





*also you'll run faster if you think of this race as a series of continous sprints in between the hurdles


*you'll run slower if you think of this race as a whole 400m race with hurdles|||I'm guessing anywhere from 65-75 seconds. Good luck!|||I was similiar to you in HS, and my 400IH was about 5 seconds slower on average than a flat quarter





So I guess you can go under 65|||I don't know how good your hurdle form is but if its really good then 65 isn't out of the question, but its early in the season and you're 15 having never run this event before so somewhere between 65-75.





Remember your legs are gonna be really tired on that last 100 meters AND you have to jump over those hurdles, so don't go way out of your comfort zone the first 200. I'd say go 31 or 32 the first 200. Don't go out in 27 or 28, that last 100 will be brutal.





Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment