Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Going to join the track team for hurdles?

I'm 15 and my mom wants me to join the track team for like hurdles and stuff. Well I'm like 6 or 7 pounds overweight but I'm going to drop that over the next few weeks...I'm not very tall, I'm 5'5 but I have very long legs and I have a shorter upper body. I absolutely hate running so joining track will be interesting...What can I do to work on it before I start? Thanks.|||im in track too, i have some good experience now cuz ive been in with the sprinters, middistance, long distance, pole vault, AND hurdlers. its pretty tough but the results and the friends and the fun... all worth it(:


it sounds like you have the perfect body for hurdles, minus the overweight, but you dont seem to be that much overweight, and after working out a few times, that will easily be gone.


its good that your starting training so early, and your going to have to start liking running, as that is one of the most important things of hurdles (heck, like everything important to watch for in hurdling) running type for hurdlers is more middle distance, which is fast speed, for a long time. work out 3-4 times a week id say, start out with maybe a mile every day and try to improve your times from there. once you get on the field practice form and jumping and all, make sure to keep your trail leg straight and tuck your arms in.


if you start hurting which often happens, stretch and ice... stretch even if nothing hurts. but KEEP GOING or youll just lose everything youve worked for. motivation is so important here. its really fun and you geel so good afterwards (: good luck!|||first and fore most. there's now way to avoid running for hurdles your going to be running alot in practice ( i watch the girls alot ). if i were you id get in condition 3-5 weeks prior to track at least 20 miles a week. i run long distance and i don't know jack shet about hurdles.


eat less to lose weight. ( i guess )


its going to be VERY HARD! GOOD LUCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment