Tuesday, December 6, 2011

How can I get faster at hurdles?

I think I have pretty good form for a freshman hurdler, my one problem is I can never go fast enough. This is my coaches last season and more than anything I want to qualify for FCIAC and States, but I have to get 8.9 seconds, and my PR is 9.89, do you think there is a way to get faster, and drop from 9.89 to 8.9? I have one more meet to qualify. PLEASE HELP!|||In sports their are 3 things that make you good at whatever sport you participate in.


1- being in good shape or working out to get there.


2- desire, you have to want to be in a good mental state as well. You want to win and you


will do what it takes physically, mentally and when in school your grades count as well.


3- practice, practice, practice, etc, etc, etc . . . this involves time, focus and technique.





Keep in mind though that no matter how much you have of the above 3 going for you that still doesn't mean you will win or be in the top 3 or 5 or whatever.


There can always be someone better. Including the clock.





But if you keep at it then there is always next year. You're only a freshman you have 3 yrs to become a champ. Just keep at the 3 main objectives and you may just make it.





Also never forget not to be a good sport when you lose out but a great sport.|||have you looked at film of yourself? you have to find your weaknesses and correct them.

No comments:

Post a Comment