Tuesday, December 6, 2011

What can I do to improve my time in the 300 Hurdles?

I've run the 300 Hurdles for a year and a half. My form is good and I can alternate my lead leg so counting strides is not an issue. I clear the hurdle with about half an inch b/w the hurdle and my leg. My start seems to be good b/c i stick with the pack for a while. My finish is not all that strong but is adequate. I seem to always have trouble on the curve. I tend to land off balance a lot and lose momentum. From my freshmen year time of 48 seconds (which is not good) I finished last year with 44.35 seconds ( I was a sophmore). How can i get down to about 41.5 or 42 this year and is it possible for me to? I need to get to that time b/c thats district qualifying (41.5)|||You probably need to work on your strength.


When I was college, (not a hurdler), my coach had the 400 meter hurdlers run 5 hurdles (200m), half a dozen times in a workout. Other workouts he would have them run repeats of 8 hurdles.





Once or twice a week, in a morning workout, he would have them run a couple of 600s.





One of his runners was a USTAF champion and another won NCAAs. He also had 2 others qualify for the NCAA meet so his methods seemed to work.|||counting your steps DOES MATTER. You need to have a set way that you run them, and work it over and over and over. You need to have a lead leg that is always you lead leg. Other than that, do squats.|||From what you've written, the obvious answer is that you need to do more work no the turn. Whether or not you can run a 41.5 depends upon your level of talent.|||practice and swim laps to improve the strength of your legs








your welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment