Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I plan on doing hurdles next year in track, will this help?

My dogs do agility and we have some dog jumps in the backyard. I'm thinking about using those as hurdles (they can be adjusted to go up to 5 feet I think), but I can't use correct form because the way the jump is set up doesn't really allow for that. Should I still try it just to get leg strength?|||i wouldn't suggest actually hurtling over them if you don't want to either fall and break your nose or develop wrong hurtling form. However, you CAN use them to do drills. In drills such as 'A's and trail leg pull-overs, the only thing you need is the edge of hurdles to do those. Also, if you have done them before, hurdle-walk-overs can be wonderful also in developing form. Don't worry about being fast, worry about getting good form. You can't be fast if your form sucks. Good luck.


Also, try do do some sprinting exercises, these will help you develop form for the time when you're actually sprinting between each hurtle.

No comments:

Post a Comment