Tuesday, December 6, 2011

How should I train for the 300 hurdles?

I'm 15 and want to train well before track season starts to give an edge in the 300's. I'm in a weights class at school, and try to run 2 miles 3 times a week. Last year I ran a 45.25 and I probably could've gotten under 45. This year I would like to run a low 43. I was wondering what should I do to make me better.|||Ok first you need to set up a stride length, you should probably aim to take that many steps over the hurdle each time, do a few starts over a couple hurdles after u do w.e you do for your warmup. Then run 4 200s or 100s with 5 min rest inbetween. then do it 2 times more with hurdles in the correct spacing. other days you should run 400m with the hurdles in the correct spaceing. you need to work on lower distances to help your top speed and longer distances for endurance. but yea remember the more running you do the better even if your form isn't great. but yea i cannot help you with exact form but if you literally just run a lot that helps bundles if you haven't been training for more than 5 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment