Saturday, November 19, 2011

How can I get better and faster at the hurdles?

My events in the hurdles are the 300 meter hurdles and the 110 meter hurdles. I am a going into my 11th grade year and I really want to get Better. In the 110 meter hurdles my fastest time was a 16:30 and in the 300 meter hurdles my fastest time was a 43:97. My form is great its just my speed in the hurdles. I really want my 110 meter time to be at least 14:60 and my 300 meter time to be a 36:50, how will i be able to do that?|||form is important but i would stress speed as being more important.


in the 300 hurdles really focus on being accurate with the number of steps you take between each hurdle. secondly do a lot of speed work.





i think the 300hurdles will be your best event, 16.30 is very slow for the 110high hurdles but you can improve on that.





hit the gym, lift weight especially for the hamstrings and do a lot of ab work and by a lot i mean 1000's of sit ups a week not hundreds. and focus more on dynamic flexibility than static.|||You should always work on your form, it can get better.


Your sprint speed is necessary in both events.


Plus you need to do stress endurance work with the 400 runners to do well in the 300 hurdles.


Work with the sprinters since hurdling is sprinting over barriers, and work with the 400 runners to get stronger, and work on your hurdle drills everyday.


In the off season you should be lifting weights, and doing plyometrics twice each week.

No comments:

Post a Comment