Thursday, November 24, 2011

How do you run the 300 meter hurdles?

I'm a sophomore girl, and I've been running the 300 meter hurdles for two years. How should I pace myself in that event? I know I have to sprint the last 100, but how do I pace myself for the first 200?|||The 300 hurdles is a very tricky race to run and takes a lot of endurance, speed, and form. for the first 200 m you stride it out. you don't want to go out too fast and you don't want to jog either so you have to stride which means you go about 75-80% of your sprint speed. you also have to make sure you don't stutter-step in front of the hurdles because this takes more time than a smoother run. then on your last 100m you sprint like no other...good luck and i hope i helped.|||Ahh 300m hurdles, one of the hardest races in track. The best way to run them is take off good..try to keep up, but dont take the elad right away. Then go all out for the last 100m. Its really hard though because the hurdles+ 300m =big time alctic acid build up. Good luck|||80% then book it at the end|||i don't.





i did...then i had kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment