Saturday, November 19, 2011

What should be the time difference between 100 meter time and 100 hurdles at a female high school level?

I am a high school female track runner. I'm pretty fast and hold records at my school and think I can break the 100 meter hurdles time which is a 15.6 at my school which seems pretty slow to my because my 100 time is over 3 seconds faster than that. I also wanna win the group with it. I'm 6 foot and think it would be beneficial because of jumping of hurdles. Please be very thorough.|||If the time difference between the 100 and 100 hurdles is less than 3 seconds you are a very good high school hurdler.


Elite hurdlers will usually run about 2 seconds slower over the hurdles than on the flat.


Being 6 feet tall will allow you to run over the hurdles without raising your center of gravity, you run over hurdles you don't jump them.


The ability to race over hurdles is technique because there are lots of very fast sprinters who never mastered the technique of running hurdles.


You must control your stride pattern and stride length you can not just race, because you must approach each hurdle on stride, that is with the correct lead leg, so you do not have to adjust your stride length to get over the hurdle.


Since you are a sprinter, tall, with long legs you certainly have the physical traits to become a hurdler.

No comments:

Post a Comment