Thursday, November 24, 2011

How do you increase your stride for the 110 High Hurdles?

I'm a freshman guy in high school and my coach had me do the 110 high hurdles and the 300 hurdles. I am 5'3", and when I ran the hurdles, I realized that the fact that I had to take 5 steps in between each hurdle slowed me down a lot, and I was never able to speed up throughout the whole race. I was wondering what I could do to help increase my stride so I can run this race faster. Thanks.|||you stride is short because you are short but you can make it slightly better. do some high knees which is picking up your knees as fast as you can for a while. then stand in one place and do the same thing on each foot repetitively until its very sore. you can ask you coach more information about this and im sure he would give you a better answer

No comments:

Post a Comment