Thursday, November 24, 2011

How to get all the way over the hurdles?

I can do it fine...on the lowest notch. But even one up, my trail leg hits the hurdle and I fall. I've been doing it on grass, but my first meet is soon and I want to do hurdles. I just need to get both feet over. Any tips?|||Stand next to the hurdle with the hurdle at the height that it is at in the event you are in with you trail leg closest to the hurdle. Make sure there is something in front of you that you can comfortably lean over and grab, while still standing next to the hurdle. Pick up your trail leg and go through the motion that you do when going over the hurdle over and over, bringing it back down to where you started each time. This improves the speed of your trail leg and flexibility of your hip, making it easier to get over the hurdle. Do 2 sets of 20 every day, this should help you greatly. Hurdling is not jumping over the hurdle, it is an extended step. Always remember, the more often your feet are on the ground, the faster you will be, you are only generating power and speed while touching the ground, so the key to a faster time is getting your trail leg back down onto the ground after the hurdle as fast as possible. Here is a video of another way to practice it in addition to what I just explained.





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k9WGZQlV鈥?/a>





And the girl in it is hot so it's a double bonus. Good luck to you, and Godspeed

No comments:

Post a Comment