Saturday, November 19, 2011

How can I improve my times on the 100 meter and 400 meter hurdles?

So this was my first year running track. The season is now over and I had an ok season, but next year i want to be the best! My pr for both was 1:22 for 400 and 18.9 for the 100 hurdles. I want to learn to 3 step for 100 meter hurdles to pr with 14 to 15 seconds and i want my 400 hurdles to be under 1:10. How can I achieve these goals by next year?|||Build endurance for the 400m hurdles by sprinting 500m interval runs in practice, and run 150m interval runs for the 100m hurdles...





You need to have strong leg muscles, mostly quads. As well as calves, hamstrings, and glutes. And of course have a strong core(abs).





Basically build up your endurance and speed..weight lifting will help to build muscles. Make sure you eat healthy..no junk food and eat much fiber, protein, and healthy carbs found in wheat foods. No processed foods ;]

No comments:

Post a Comment