Saturday, November 19, 2011

How do I get better at running hurdles?

I started doing hurdles last Monday and had my first race on Thursday, and that was the 300 hurdles, the time I got was 52 seconds. How can I improve on that? Are there any excercises or something that I should do so I can get better? I know my coach said that I need to stop stutter stepping before I get to the hurdle, does anyone know how to fix that?|||practice.|||When i do hurdles, i take long strides. Keep in mind: it is better to be too far away from the hurdle than too close. I always jump as soon as i can only take one more stride. If you run faster and stay close to the hurdle then your momentum is going forward not up and down. Also don't think about it too much.... When i first learned, i thought about it too much and i ended up running into it. now i am my school's #1 girl hurdler and i get 1st in all of my races. Hope this helps.|||Keep practicing with jumping hurdles and use good form when doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment