Thursday, November 24, 2011

I work at an animal shelter and we are thinking of teaching some rabbits to jump hurdles?

Through clicktraining does anyone know what size the hurdles are suppose to be and how you go about making them? and how you go about training the rabbits. We are trying to show people how smart rabbits can be .|||Clicker training probably works a lot faster than what I did to train my rabbits, which was basically a reward for the right behavior. I would make the hurdles first out of cardboard just to test, and it depends on rabbit for the size. My rabbit who loves to jump can jump two feet high.





I trained my rabbits to go to their cage when I say cage, hop up and down on command, and come when called. They are very intelligent!|||I've never tried to clicker train a rabbit before (I believe my bunnies to be far more intelligent than me so would be embarressed to try it lol), but I have heard it can be quite easy with the right bunny, and outright impossible with some :)





I suppose you would start out as you would a dog, and teach them that the click means a treat, and then move on to the correct behaviour=reward stage. The hurdles would have to start by just being something on the ground for them to jump over until they get the hang of it and working them higher and higher as they progress (always taking into consideration that a bunny's eyesight is not the greatest, so it has to be something that 'stands out' ).





Found some good websites here with info about clicker training rabbits:


http://www.clickerbunny.com/


http://www.3xtrue.com/trickyrabbits/inde鈥?/a>





Good luck in your quest xxx


and yes I agree rabbits can be very smart :)

No comments:

Post a Comment