Thursday, November 24, 2011

Should i count my steps in the 300 intermediate hurdles?

I am a 300 hurdler and i have district finals on thursday. I've been have problems with stuttering only over the second hurdle. My count to all the hurdles is supposed to be 15 but i sometimes mentally think im either too close or to far from the hurdle to take off. Would it help me to count 15 steps in my head to the second hurdle? It is very important that I dont stutter in this race.|||Don't think too hard about how many steps you are taking. I personally run the 400-hurdles and my captain runs a 57 in the 400-hurdles race. He says to never count the steps and I agree because it would distract you from focusing on your race. If your first hurdle is fine, what you should do is extend your strides after the first hurdle. Most amateur hurdlers make the mistake of slowing down right after the first hurdle. So basically, extend you strides and pay attention to whether or not your slowing down

No comments:

Post a Comment