Thursday, November 24, 2011

How do you train for hurdles without hurdles?

I'm a freshmen track member and I do hurdles, I went from being an underdog JV to a championship-qualifying varsity in only 1 season, but I still haven't figured this question out. Off-season my coach won't be able to train me, and I really want to get better, but I don't have any hurdles (they're locked up in our track trailer for the summer) so i can't do any conventional exercises. Anyone know of anything I can do that doesn't require actual hurdles??|||Although it might be a bit dangerous.. if you live in a rural area i would recommend electric or barbed wire fences. Since you are a championship qualifying varsity athlete i believe you will do fine.|||hmm o.o....jump rope?|||i'm a hurderler too, and it is hard to practice in the off season. just do your hurdleing streches and excercises.|||Get creative, if you have a back yard create a hurdle. Go out to the trails and find things to hurdle over. Look for fences, cement walls, I am talking fences, sit up a couple of objects that resemble your hurdle sizes. Set up your own we called them high jumps. Get the bamboo poles and mark off some place where you can practice.





As a child I used to love to jump over things. I would jump anything I could find to go over, and challenge myself all the time. I am sure you will come up with some creative idea if you just let your imagination go out on a limb.

No comments:

Post a Comment