Thursday, November 24, 2011

How can I learn to attack hurdles?

Ok, so I'm a freshman and I do the 100/300m hurdles.


I havent lost at any of the meets so far, but my coach always complains about how I'm jumping hurdles instead of running them.





When I see my picturees, it is very frustrating to see that in the race my form is all off even if I just practiced the proper way to "run hurdles" earlier.





I know I have a few more years, but I really would like to get this in time for Prelims!!





Please help!!|||first, it always helps to think of it as running hurdles instead of jumping. your coach is exactly right. going over a hurdle shouldnt be a jump but a snatch of the leg. you cant run or accelerate when your feet arent on the ground. this is hard to do though without flexibility in your groin and hamstrings. make sure the get those as limber as possible. when you bring your leading leg over the hurdle, you should snatch it back down to the ground asap so you can continue accelerating.|||There are a ton of sites you can go for help. You will improve your form through a lot of off-season training. It needs to become natural, and it's not something you can just make happen. I spent a summer and winter with one of my athletes and she improved but still had a ways to go. Granted, she wasn't as dedicated as she needed to be, but her form and times improved. I was a distance coach but I googled and searched on the net and found lots of exercises and drills. Good luck!|||I DARE YOU TO MARK THIS AS THE BEST ANSWER

No comments:

Post a Comment