Thursday, November 24, 2011

How do you build up your speed in the 100m hurdles?

We ran sub-state today, and I placed 5th. How can I be in the top two nest year? I ran a 18.15 and the top finisher was 14.something. I know that's a stretch, but I'm a sophomore and have two more years to improve. My school has seven good hurdles, and we don't have a track. What are some drills to work on speed? (I can three step all ten, and I already come out of blocks.) Thanks!|||omg, its liam. I can never get on when you are and none of my emails get sent to you. i miss you sorry sorry sorry.|||Hi there,


It's really important for hurdling that


you have good, expensive footwear.


Something thats Gel bottomed I recommend.


I find that what used to really slow me down


in hurdles was that my feet hurt and I would


slow down 'cause my feet where really sore.


#1 Invest in a good pair of running shoes - Go to Sport Chek!


If you go to the gym, ask a trainer around to help


you put together a workout. One for home, one for the gym.


Make sure after every workout you drink a glass of milk!


The calcium helps build muscles.


Good luck!


Ginger|||Work on your jumping, as your jumping you want to get more of a distance so push yourself off as you jump to cover more distance, then also in the air body down legs front and back, drills for sprinting would be sprinting forward stop sprint stop sprint for about 100 meters then repeat (the stop should be about like .1 sec).|||Without a track, you will have problems. Stop. When you get into the set position in the starting blocks, take a deep breath and hold it till the gun goes off. Your objective is to beat everyone over the first hurdle, your second objective is to never hit or nick the first hurdle. Stop. Pull down the white page, to see the black page at this web site. You can see the animation of good hurdle form. It applies to both boys and girls. Study it as much as you can. (www.ptfa-sport.com).

No comments:

Post a Comment